1: RESERVATION POLICY
• Casa El Pio has a three night minimum rental year-round.
You may reserve and stay for less than three nights but you will be charged for three nights.
• All renters must be over 23 years of age.
• No Sunday check-ins.
We must give our staff a day of rest.
•We do not accept same-day check-ins or check-ins on Christmas day or New Year’s Day.
Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate requests to check-in on these holidays. You may reserve the day before (Dec 24 or 31) to guarantee the cleaning of your room prior to your arrival and we can arrange a self-checkin if you have to arrive on these days. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested in this option.
• Casa El Pio requires a 50% deposit for booking with the remainder due 30 days prior to arrival.
We will send you a reminder when the balance payment is due.
• We only accept payment by credit card through our online reservation portal or via Paypal.
• An additional 19% Mexican room tax will be added to the total rental amount.
This tax is levied by the state to all hotel rooms on Isla Mujeres.
• 10% discount off total for rentals of 2 weeks or longer (Tax added after discount)
• All room rates are for double occupancy. No discounts for single occupancy.
• The official total hotel occupancy is 10 persons (5 rooms x double occupancy). Some rooms have two beds. When booking a whole hotel group booking, an additional charge of $15 USD per person, per night will be added in rooms that can accommodate more than 2 people for up to 16 persons total. No more than 2 persons are allowed in any one room when not booking the entire hotel.
There are no roll-away beds available.
2: CHECK-IN POLICY
• Check-in begins at 3 p.m. If your room is available earlier, you may have access to it.
• Check-out is 11 a.m.
Sometimes you will arrive early and that’s great. This is why we have you send your flight info. Come to Pío when you get to the island and we will help you make arrangements if your room is not ready.
IMPORTANT: All flights landing in Cancun after 3 p.m. and all arrivals to Isla Mujeres after 5 p.m. will need to follow our after hours check in procedure. We have a small, awesome staff that work hard to turnover rooms and we will do our best to accommodate late flights or early arrivals but plan to adhere to these times.
• Late checkout can sometimes be arranged for $25 USD an hour.
• We cannot always store your bags in the office for late departures but you are welcome to store them on our patio at your own risk.
3: GROUP RENTAL POLICY
• 10% off the weekly rental of all five units together.
• If you require more than 2 rooms for your group, you must rent all 5 rooms.
We love to host groups, but our property is very small and noise travels well. For this reason we must have a specific policy for large groups. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions before booking.
• Our property is oriented toward responsible adults and not suitable for children.
Children over the age of 12 may be considered, but must be accompanied by a parent and must lodge in the parent’s room. They may not be left unattended on the premises at any time during their stay. All guests must preserve the peace and quiet for the other guests and prevent any injury to any person and damage to any property. Failure to otherwise comply with this policy will result in eviction.
4: RESERVATION CHANGE POLICY
• Email notice is required for reservation changes (no phone calls.)
– 60 days prior to arrival date: no charge if space is available.
– 30-60 days prior to arrival date: $25 USD service fee per room if space is available.
– Less than 30 days prior to arrival date: $100 USD service fee per room if space is available.
• No refunds for late arrival or early checkout.
• Changes may be made in cases of Force of Nature.
If a hurricane or other unforeseen circumstance makes it necessary to interrupt or cancel hotel services to any extent, we will do our best to provide alternate accommodations for current guests. We will assist those holding confirmed reservations to change dates at no charge but no refunds will be given. Travel insurance is recommended to protect your investment in your trip and protect you while you travel.
5: CANCELLATION POLICY
• Email notice is required for reservation cancellations (no phone calls):
– 60 days or more prior to arrival date: deposit can be refunded less a 10% service fee per room.
– 30 to 60 days prior to arrival date: a gift card code will be issued for a future stay at Casa El Pio for the full amount of your payment.
– Less than 30 days prior to arrival date: no refunds or credits.
• You will not receive a refund for:
– bad wi-fi connection – we are located on an island in Mexico. You will not always have wi-fi.
– off-property construction noise – we are located downtown. It can be noisy during the day.
–other basic comfort issues outside of our control including, but not limited to, the city turning off the water for maintenance, power outages, festivals in the town square, etc..
6: HOTEL POLICY
• Manager is on site from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
If you need assistance at other times of day, you will be provided with a phone number to reach a staff member.
• Daily maid service included, except for Sunday, Christmas day and New Year’s day.
• We are a 100% non-smoking hotel. Rooms that have been smoked in will be assessed a $250USD cleaning fee.
Please use the outdoor common areas to smoke.
• Please note that our hotel is unfortunatly not accessible to those with limited mobility.
Each part of the hotel requires the use of stairs.
• Please respect the other guests and our neighbors by keeping your voices low when in common areas after 9 p.m. and before 9 a.m.